Tuesday

Complete your makeup bag with these everyday essentials by La Bella Donna!

Making sure that you have everything and anything you need in your makeup bag is tough. You don't want to shell out too much money, but at the same time having the right makeup for any occasion is so important. Essentially, you could get away with having a basic makeup bag as long as you've taken care of the seven products for everyday use: foundation, concealer, blush, an eyebrow kit, eyeshadow, eyeliner, and mascara.
There are so many different brands out there that claim to be the best, but here at le Rêve, we carry a brand called la Bella Donna. They provide high-end, mineral based makeup that is sure to look incredible and won't leave behind all the chemicals and residue that store-brand makeup will. They provide just about anything you could ever need in your makeup bag, and I've compiled a lovely list of those seven products made by La Bella Donna in the order application, just to make things a little bit easier for you all. 

Foundation is the first key step to any makeup look. It provides a solid base and evens out the skin tone so that everything else can shine the way it's supposed to. La Bella Donna found
ations come in loose minerals, compressed minerals, and liquid minerals. With loose, you can also get a travel-sized bottle that comes with its' own brush. My personal favorite foundation is their liquid, but it truly depends on your skin type and your own personal style.


After foundation, you want to have a concealer to blend any dark spots under your eyes or discoloration on your face. Concealer is also the best way to try and cover acne or blemishes. My favorite concealer from LBD is their mineral eraser, which is a cream for easy use and blending. They also offer Mineral Mystique, which is a liquid that comes in a little tube that you simply have to click in order to use.
To finish off your face, a little blush on the top of your cheekbones works wonders in highlighting your natural face shape and illuminating your skin.The compact color folio is my favorite from La Bella Donna, and the color that I find myself using nearly every day is Luminière.
The next thing I need to do every day is my eyebrows, however many people choose to do their shadow and liner before they do their eyebrows and there is really is no right order for it. I use La Bella Donna's blonde eyebrow kit, which is also available in auburn and brunette. It's the most incredible product to accentuate the natural arch and shape of your brow. Eyebrows are oftentimes the first thing a person sees, and I absolutely never leave the house without using the kit. It includes a darker shade for the inner corner of your eyebrow, a lighter shade for the tail, a sealing wax to keep the brow in place, and a highlighting cream to lift the brow bone and brighten the eye.
When it comes to eyes, the first thing you'll need is eyeshadow. There's a common myth that eyeshadow should only be used for special occasions or for going out, but using a light, natural color everyday can help open up your eyes and bring out the color in them if you choose a complimentary shade. For blue eyes, like my own, a warm color such as gold can be used to accentuate the coolness of blue without overpowering it. From La Bella Donna, gracious gold would definitely be your best bet. For green eyes, the shade Grapevine would be the perfect color because it makes the green pop without being too distracting. A subtle peach color is usually perfect for brown eyes, but I find myself leaning towards LBD's Vanilla shade to lighten the lids and make the brown that much warmer. Like green eyes, hazel eyes do well with a somewhat purple shade. Unlike green eyes, however, they need a bit of the lightness that brown eyes need. The absolute perfect combination of the two is the Ballet Buff shade by LBD, which is a soft pink with a slightly purple feel.


On top of your eyeshadow, but before your mascara, eyeliner is absolutely necessary to frame your eyes and make them look brighter and bigger. For an everyday look, a small line at the base of your lashes is enough to highlight without being too much. La Bella Donna carries both a liquid liner and a pencil liner, and personally I would recommend both. I wear the liquid when I'm going out with my friends, and the pencil for everyday use. If you're simply filling your bag with everyday essentials, a pencil is your best bet. Their pencils are available in black, brown, smoky quartz, and violet chariote.
The very last thing I do every morning is my mascara. Even if you're ignoring half of the products on this list, mascara is probably the only product that I would urge you to buy. If you're running late for something and you only have a second to get ready, just brush on a few layers of mascara and you'll instantly ten times more put together. It really makes your eyes pop and, unlike other makeup, doesn't look a little awkward when you wear it alone. La Bella Donna's mineral mascara is my absolute favorite, because it doesn't leave behind any residue when your wash it off and it doesn't contain any chemicals t
hat may harm your lashes.
Some of you may be wondering about lipstick. While I know many professionals consider it a necessary part of your makeup bag, I rarely find myself wearing anything on my lips unless I'm going out. It might just be that my lips look better with nothing on them, but I prefer them natural. If I were to use lipstick as an everyday thing, I would stick to colors that are slightly warmer than you're natural tone. Examples of these from LBD would be Nude for light skin and Copper for darker skin.
Of course there are other things that might be important to carry in your makeup bag - an eyeshadow pallet for special occasions or nights out, bronzer to contour your face when necessary, red lipstick, lipliner, eye pencil sharpener, etc. - but I can assure you that as long as you have every product on this list, you will be completely set for any everyday activity. School and work have never looked so good! 
XOXO
Danielle
Spa Coordinator at le Rêve Spa & Boutique

No comments: